Friday, April 2, 2010

Ancient lands of Khmer....


During my travels to Cambodia, I was very inspired by the Ankor Wat temples. The architectural marvel, grandeur and how could all this greatness be built before the age of machines. The sun rise and sun set overlooking Angkor Wat was one of the most incredible, inspiring experiences and I dedicate my collection to the wonders of these ancient ruins. Here are some pictures I took myself and some from the internet. Some of these have been manipulated by myself as inspiration for textiles prints and silhouette forms.




Photograph by myself

Manipulated for a possible overall print

Photograph by myself

Photograph by myself

Photograph taken by myself

Photograph taken by myself

Image from the internet, but I can not find the source now.

Image from the internet, can't find the source
Image from the internet, can't find the source

Image of Bayon from the internet, can't find the source

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the 7th image from the top could be very good inspiration - it has great line, form and angles in it. think it would be really great to use as inspiration for textile forms like pleating, rouching...?

Jo Cao said...

Thanks Kyesue, yeh, I love that photo. Shame I didn't have a better camera on my trip. I was thinking of doing a few hand generated designs and also some photographic prints of like sand stone, moss and make the fabric look textured.